The East Tennessee State Team opened the dome for an indoor track and field meet Jan. 13 – Jan. 14.
Big performances from the ETSU Bucs on Day 1 of the ETSU Track and Field Invitational:
- Katrina Seymour (New Providence, Bahamas) ends with the fastest time in the 60 meters (7.64)
- Kyra Atkins (Greer, S.C.) qualifies for the finals and ends with the quickest time in the 60 meter hurdles (8.64)
- Lamisha Simmons (Dania Beach, Fla.) qualifies for the finals and ends with a time of 8.89 in the 60 meter hurdles.
- Michael Williams (Mt. Laurel, N.J.) finished fourth in the fastest heat in the men’s 60 meter hurdles (8.46) and qualified for the finals.
- Kiana Davis (Ooltewah, Tenn.) qualified for finals also after finishing the 200-meter dash in 25.41. Simmons also qualified after placing fourth with a time of 25.45.
Big performances from the ETSU Bucs on Day 2 of the ETSU Track and Field Invitational:
- The team overall had three Bucs capture first place honors and 12 top-5 finishes
- Katie Hirko (Oley, Pa.) placed fifth in the one mile with a time of 5:21.56.
- Freshman Noah Charles (Johnson City, Tenn.) finished fourth in the men’s mile with 4:35.96, teammate Simeon Roberts (Greeneville, Tenn.) finished first with a time of 4:20.45.
- Both the men’s and women’s 4000-meter distance medley relay teams finished second. The men with a time of 10:13.93 and the women, 12:58.10.
- Atkins and Simmons (Dania Beach, Fla) placed first and second in the 60 meter finals. Atkins with 8.36 and Simmons with 8.76.
- Seymour held on to the number one spot in the 60-meter dash with a time of 7.59.
- Williams finished second in the 60 meter hurdles.
- Davis finished in second place in the 200 meter finals.
- The ETSU women’s 4×400 meter received second place.